Online RYA VHF Radio Course
Take the RYA VHF Radio course online, at your own pace with full support from UK Based experienced tutors.
If you encountered an emergency at sea would you know how to call for help? Understanding the correct procedures when operating the VHF Radio is vital and could save you or your crews’ lives.
Once you have purchased the course we will send you your login details within the day of your booking or next working day if you have made the booking after 6 pm UK local time, you can then start the course straight away. The course is web-based and compatible with PC, Mac, iPads and Android tablets.
Try the FREE Web-based Taster course
You will get plenty of realistic practise using the inbuilt interactive VHF DSC Radio Simulator to make Routine, Urgency, Safety and Distress digital selective calls before you are tested at an RYA Training Centre for the final practical examination.
Choose from the printed handbook or the eBook Version
We post the VHF Radio handbook out via UK Post or Airmail to other country’s.
RYA SRC exam and payment information
The RYA SRC Exam fee is £60 and is paid to the RYA directly
At Seavoice Training we offer the Short Range Certificate (SRC) exam to all our Online VHF Radio students. Book Now
Please note: If you do not live close to our RYA Training exam centre, we will email you an RYA search result of all RYA SRC Training Centres in your area/postcode that can provide you with the final RYA SRC practical face to face exam.
We accept payment by credit/debit cards via (Stripe secure card payment) or Paypal.
Course Syllabus covers:
About Marine Radio
- How the Radio works
- Using the Radio
- Distress Calling
- Routine,Urgency and Safety Announcements
- Rules and Licensing
- Interactive VHF DSC Radio Simulator practice scenarios
The Online RYA VHF Radio course will also come with a Marine Radio Simulator inbuilt so you can practice using the Marine VHF Radio interactively.
Why not try the web-based Online RYA VHF Radio taster course for Free – Online VHF Radio Taster Course
The course has the following requirements: Web-based Course
- PC running Windows 10 minimum with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Mac running 10.13 minimum with the latest version of Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox
- iPad running iOS 11 minimum using Safari.
- An android tablet running 4.1 minimum using Google Chrome.
How will I know the Online VHF Radio course will work on my computer?
Yes, you can try the RYA Taster course via this link RYA VHF Radio Taster course.
How do I pay for the Online VHF Radio course?
You can make payment for the Online RYA VHF Radio course by the following methods.
- Online via credit / debit cards via a secure payment (Stripe)
- Online via PayPal
- By a bank transfer (BACS)
- You can send us a cheque made payable to Seavoice Training, please download the shorebased booking form and return it with the payment.
Once I have booked the Online RYA VHF Radio course, can I start the course straight away?
When we have received your course booking, you will receive an order confirmation email. We will then send you further course instructions (Ticket) and you’ll receive your course access Username and Password. Once we have enrolled you onto the RYA interactive site, we aim to get you started as soon as possible during office hours 09:00 am – 18:00hrs Monday – Saturday. if you have made the booking on Sunday you will receive your username and password on Monday between 9 am – 6 pm.
Please be aware we have to manually enrol you onto the RYA Interactive site this sometimes can be delayed if we are teaching or out of the office.
I have completed the Online SRC course, where can I take the final face to face SRC exam?
This depends on where you are located, you can take the final SRC exam with us at Seavoice Training or you can take the SRC exam with any RYA Training Centre worldwide that offers the course. Click here to search for a local RYA exam centre.
Please note: If you plan to take the final SRC face to face exam with another RYA Training centre could you please let us know via phone 01704 539578 or via email so we can send the relevant exam report form to your chosen RYA Training exam centre.
What documents / forms do I need to complete to take the SRC Exam?
You will require the following documents.
- The RYA SRC application form for the exam, please see the following support page for help on how to obtain the application form. https://www.seavoice-training.co.uk/support/arranging-paying-src-exam/ the exam payment is now made directly to the RYA Online, the fee for the exam is £60 Click Here to pay for your exam and obtain the application form.
- A recent Passport type photograph.
- If you have taken the VHF SRC Course online you will also need to bring the online pass certificate as a hard copy.
If I take the Online VHF Radio course can I take the exam Online as well?
No, you can not take the final SRC VHF Radio exam online, you must attend the exam in person at a RYA recognised training centre.
Is there a time limit to complete the Online course?
Yes, it is 12 months from when you enrolled in the Online course. If you do need any extra time please contact us before 12 months has elapsed.
The reason is that we only hold on to your personal data for no longer than necessary to abide by the new European data laws that come into force in May 2018 (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.
If I take the Online VHF Radio course with Seavoice Training where can I sit the final SRC exam?
If you have taken the Online VHF Radio course with us you have the option to sit the final SRC exam at our training exam centre in Southport or we can help you find a local RYA Training centre that will be willing to take you for the final exam.
Do you offer support while I am on the Online course?
Yes we offer 12 months support from the day to enrolled on the course, after 12 months you can take our extended support package for 6 months our fee is £20.
Our support covers the following:
- Phone/email support to a UK Based course tutor.
- Help to find an RYA Exam centre to take the final exam with.
- liaising with the RYA certification department on your behalf.
- dealing with the official RYA/MCA Exam paperwork.